***This position is located in our Auckland, New Zealand office. You must be able to provide proof that you are authorized to work in New Zealand.
We are seeking an experienced, professional Software Developer to join our development team in Auckland, New Zealand. The primary role requirement will be to maintain and enhance a successful and widely used automated data warehousing and predictive platform. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to research in the analytics space. Depending on your skills, you could also be spending time in the cloud.
Key components of this role include research, develop, operate and support Halo's business intelligence applications and solutions, both on premise as well as in the cloud.
- Research includes (but is not limited to): developing new algorithms to perform the analytical or predictive processes needed to support our business offerings;
- Develop includes (but is not limited to): C# development (server and client), SQL or MDX scripts and other technologies as necessary;
- Operate includes (but is not limited to): solution deployments, rollbacks, software installation and configuration, system patching, implementing backups & restores, automation using PowerShell, and other infrastructure upkeep, as necessary;
- Support includes (but is not limited to): providing second level (technical) fault resolution, restoring system uptime, preventative maintenance, and other support related activities, as necessary.
Some aspects of the role will entail activity outside normal business hours, especially in regards to supporting production issues, interacting with clients or staff in different time zones, or making updates to 24/7 production environments.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical foundation (e.g. Comp Sc. degree) with not less that five years' commercial software development experience, at least six months of Operations exposure, and has worked with colleagues in distributed locations across different time zones.
Key skills for this role include:
- 3+ years' commercial development experience with Microsoft Stack, in particular Visual Studio and C#
- Practitioner of Modern Software Development Methodologies (SCRUM, Agile, etc.)
- Deep SQL Server and SQL Analysis Services skills (SQL 2014 and higher)
- Data Warehousing experience, knowledge of Star Schema / Kimball method
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Adept at self-learning and applying new skills and technologies
- Responsible, accountable and diligent
Highly desirable skills for this role include:
- Self-managing multi-tasker with good project management skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Experience using Web APIs, SDKs, etc.
- Systems Automation using Powershell / Python
- Data Mining / Machine Learning / Forecasting using R or Python
- Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, and ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other public cloud
Halo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Halo offers a dynamic work environment and great job benefits. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com