Quality Assurance Engineer
***This position is located in our Auckland, New Zealand office. You must be able to provide proof that you are authorized to work in New Zealand.
Our Software Development unit, based in Auckland, New Zealand, requires a professional, experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to perform manual functional, regression, end-to-end and user acceptance testing on web and Windows-based applications.
Reporting to the QA lead, the Quality Assurance Engineer will perform testing and quality assurance activities for Halo's business intelligence applications and solutions, both on-premise as well as in the cloud. Other key responsibilities for this role include:
- Documenting and reporting issues in Halo's bug tracking system (JIRA)
- Writing, maintaining and executing test plans and test cases
- Coordinating with developers, product managers and other stakeholders as necessary to drive defects to resolution
- Working with R&D, Product Management, Professional Services and Customer Support to understand and address business use cases, specific customer needs and issues and ensure they are reflected in test plans
- Contributing to product design, documentation and support
- Exploring and exploiting opportunities for QA automation
- Improving development and QA processes
Specific responsibilities may evolve over time to meet changing conditions.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical foundation (e.g. Comp Sc, IS or a related field degree) with two to five years' commercial quality assurance experience.
Key skills for this role include:
- Between 2-5 years of experience developing and executing manual tests and other QA activities for web, as well as Windows-based enterprise-level software products
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle including requirements gathering, design, and testing using current testing methodologies
- Testing experience with browser clients, web servers, and Windows applications/services
- Experience with writing test plans and test cases
- Experience with bug and feature tracking systems
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server with the ability to generate basic SQL queries for testing
- Predisposition to finding ways to break software systems
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Adept at self-learning and applying new skills and technologies
- Responsible, accountable and diligent
Highly desirable skills for this role include:
- Experience with test automation and test management tools
- Self-managing multi-tasker
- Demonstrate initiative, professionalism, diligence, and ability to work effectively in a team and independently within a fast-paced and dynamic company environment under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Mining / Machine Learning / Forecasting is a bonus
Halo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Halo offers a dynamic work environment and great job benefits. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com