Junior BI Consultant
***This position is located in our Auckland, New Zealand office. You must be able to provide proof that you are authorized to work in New Zealand.
The BI Consultant is responsible for leading the technical aspects of Halo BI implementations and projects. In addition, the consultant also works with the customer base on an ad hoc basis, supporting existing implementations and projects.
This role requires:
- A hands-on individual who is passionate about data and the value of the insights that can be gained from effective analytics
- Speed and effectiveness at troubleshooting customer issues and questions
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to work with a geographically diverse team and customer base
- Work directly with customers to implement their Business Intelligence solutions based on the Halo platform. This includes understanding customers’ requirements, designing and implementing the solutions, and training the customers to use the Halo products
- Work directly with customers in a support and helpdesk capacity
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements to create accurate scope and estimate documents
- Establish a professional and trusting relationship with customers and prospects
- Work with sales team and prospects to demonstrate Halo products and services. This may include product demos, implementation questions, Proofs-of-Concept, etc.
- Extend products and services to existing customers
- Site visits to clients as and when required
- Other duties assigned on a temporary basis
- Contribute to the internal improvement process, based on first-hand customer experience with Halo BI implementations, projects and support
Plan for future roles and responsibilities
- Become more involved at a (technical) account management level, contributing to supporting and advising the client with ongoing and future use of Halo products
- Take ownership of support management
- Computer Science Degree/Business Degree with technical emphasis or equivalent database experience
- Sound understanding of BI best practices, data modelling (dimensional and relational), structured query language (SQL), Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) techniques, multidimensional databases and OLAP tools and reporting/data visualization
- Aptitude to master new technologies (with specific reference to new software)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- High level understanding of business areas such as Sales, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain & Manufacturing
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal, and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Own transport
- Willing to travel (in and out of the region)
- New Zealand Citizenship and / or applicable VISA
Halo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Halo offers a dynamic work environment and great job benefits. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org