BI Consultant / Implementation Engineer
***This position is located in our Auckland, New Zealand office. You must be able to provide proof that you are authorized to work in New Zealand.
We are seeking an experienced BI Consultant/Implementation Engineer who will be responsible for leading the technical aspects of our implementations, assuring that every proof-of-concept, pilot, and full implementation is optimally architected. They must have a sound understanding of business intelligence best practices, data modelling (dimensional and relational), structured query language (SQL), Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) techniques, and reporting/data visualization.
This role requires a hands-on individual who is passionate about data and the value of the insight that can be gained by effective analytics. The role requires exceptional communication and collaboration skills as success depends upon the ability to partner with a geographically diverse team. Flexibility is a must, as we are a dynamic cross-functional team that needs to be able to shift focus quickly in the constantly changing BI and supply chain market.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work directly with customers to implement their business intelligence solution based on the Halo platform. This includes understanding customer requirements, designing and implementing the solution, and training the customer on the Halo products;
- Establish a professional and trusting relationship with customers and prospects;
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements, to create accurate scope and estimates;
- Make every installation of Halo a success under minimal supervision;
- Consult with clients and prospects for their data warehousing and BI requirements;
- Extend product and services to existing customers;
- Contribute to the internal product improvement process, based on their first-hand customer and prospect facing experience with the Halo product suite;
- Provide application assistance by creating product walkthroughs, conducting client trainings, and creating training documentation to focus on increasing end user adoption;
- Assist clients with learning and understanding the software products by conducting client trainings, product demonstrations and assisting Product team with webinars;
- Work with sales team and prospects to demonstrate Halo products and services. This may include product demos, implementation questions, proof-of-concepts, etc.
- Travel as needed (10-25% seasonally)
Key skills required for this role include:
- Computer Science Degree, Business Degree with technical emphasis or equivalent database experience;
- Strong SQL Server database design and programming experience to build powerful yet easy to maintain and extend data warehouses, Analysis Server (SSAS) cubes and data visualization views;
- Works in Microsoft BI Tools and Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, Analysis Services 2012/2014/2016, Reporting Services;
- Experience extracting data from ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics (Axapta/AX, Navision/NAV and Great Plaints/ GP, Soloman/SL), JD Edwards, and Oracle EBS preferred but not required;
- Internet Information Services (IIS);
- Experience with previous BI Systems and tools a plus;
- Experience with forecasting, demand planning and data sciences a plus;
- Understanding of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and/or Finance a plus;
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Beverage Industry a plus;
- Experience with high volume of data a plus;
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills;
- Strong initiative, ability to self-manage and work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment;
- Advanced understanding of business intelligence and data warehouse concepts;
- Superior organizational and time management skills;
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Halo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Halo offers a dynamic work environment and great job benefits. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com